Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Well done on the shredding and the garden work @Dimity  🙂

Is Friday when your helper comes back? 

@Dimity wrote:

The night following surgery I'll have help from a family connection - I was bowled over by the offer but I'm still very fearful.

So pleased to hear this! Although I understand you would be very fearful still. Sending wishes for your surgery...

My mamogram was OK thanks although she took 3 extra pictures so I'm wondering if she saw something odd. 

How did you go with your books yesterday? 

I'm not doing great but am attempting to go to work today. 

Sorry to hear things weren't great this morning @NatureLover . Hopefully the day improved for you.

Sometimes movement or misalignment mean a scan has to be repeated... so try not to worry. I think I got my result in a couple of weeks.

Yes my helper returns tomorrow. It's a bit ad hoc with no set days. I plan to take 4 boxes to the opshop and pick up another 10. I've  been trying to tidy other stuff too but can't see much improvement yet. 

Stay warm.

Getting rid of 4 boxes and picking up another 10 sounds good, @Dimity . You are really chewing through them! 

Thanks for your enouragement re the mammogram. Last time, 2 years ago, I was called back to go to the hospital for further scans. Hospitals freak me out (germs etc) so I'm really hoping that's not the case this time. 

I made it to work but came home early yesterday. This morning I've woken up with a fierce sore throat. Had to google what to do...it seems that you only go to the doctor if the sore throat lasts more than 5-7 days. But in the meantime you're contagious. Which means no work, unless my boss approves me going in with a mask on. I wouldn't go in if I develop coughing or sneezing though. 

I don't really want to miss work as we are implementing a new system which I'm involved in. Plus I get so behind that my work becomes stressful. 

However this morning I seem to be getting back into my old good routine of getting up nice and early and having plenty of time for the forums. I also have to write up my notes for my psychologist appt today (Telehealth). 

Good luck today with what I assume might be a very busy day for you...

I hope the psych appt went well @NatureLover and your sore throat isn't developing into a nasty virus. 

Yes today was busy. We dealt with the boxes then cleaned and tidied. This afternoon I walked to the shops and got groceries, which I hadn't really done for ages. I was too tired to cook tonight.

It sounds as though you have a number of responsibilities at work despite being in a voluntary capacity.  That's really commendable. I don't really do much apart from lobbying on some of my interests. I've had some minor wins with Council but nothing much at state or federal level.

I'll try to keep working on boxes over the weekend. Maybe I'll put some mulch on the garden. And there's masses of other tidying to do. 

Good luck for tomorrow and Sunday. 

Not doing well. Out of this next 10 boxes I only got 2 boxes to donate. The other boxes are piling up in the spare room. The house feels chaotic although objectively it's no worse than normal. I feel defeated. 

I'll try to clean up tomorrow. Maybe I'll see another way to tackle it all.

@NatureLover 

Hi @Dimity , I'm sick in bed but wanted to respond... I'm sorry you were feeling so defeated yesterday. I still think 2 boxes is good but I can see why you don't want more piling up in your spare room. 

Well done the other day for walking to the shop for groceries! And your lobbying also sounds good. 

I just got up and put on some laundry, but I won't be going to work tomorrow as I don't want to give it to anyone. Quite frustrating as I wanted to go. 

I will test for Covid this afternoon or tomorrow morning. 

Hoping that you feel a bit stronger today 🤞 Sending care ❤

Hi @NatureLover I'm so sorry you've succumbed. Maybe do the 3way test for flu/covid/RSV if you can. There's lots of flu around. Take care and rest up.

I'm muddling on and doing some shredding.

@Dimity Well done for persevering and doing shredding 👏 I know paperwork is very difficult. 

Thanks for your good wishes. I'll consider the triple test. I'm actually already booked in at the GP on Tuesday for a MHCP, so I could change it at the last minute to a cold/flu appt and ask for the triple test. 

My hands are freezing all the time, but when I get up to do anything I get hot. 

Good luck with your shredding and other tasks 🤞

Hope you're feeling a bit better @NatureLover but if it's flu it could take weeks. I think my sister got her 3way test at the pharmacy. 

I'm plugging on, slowly. Selected some clothes to donate. Tinkering with tidying. 

Keep warm. There's a flood warning for tomorrow night and miserable weather on the way.

Weeks! 😯 I hope not, @Dimity 

At least, the bad asthma might take weeks. It's already kicked in 😥

I asked my pharmacy and they said GPs have the triple PCR test. So I'm a bit confused. 

Donating clothes is good and takes up significant room 👍

The weather is totally miserable. I'm staying in bed. I hope you can keep warm...good luck today...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Lifeline Macarthur

Contact Us