Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artist from the DAX Cen

I enjoy your sense of humour @Former-Member 😁😁😁

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artist from the DAX Cen

@Maggie wrote: By encouraging each other. Complimenting the effort and achievement.
So important. Sometimes I remind myself of past compliments when I'm feeling stressed, to remind me that I'm doing ok.

Well said @Former-Member 

And then i'm in the flow of it and i think 'this feels great, i wish i'd just tried this sooner!' -- totally true @paintingallday 

thatt is why I love the Sane Forum thread where we can share our arts and crafts and to encourage and support each other 

@Former-Member wrote: Ignoring the bullies and Silencing the inner critic is so very hard.

I think this is a lifelong practice. But as you get wiser with age, so too does your capacity to ignore and silence strengthen.

It's so great to hear some very wondeful ideas being shared by everyone on how we can engage in creative expression. I myself might start to do some dancing around the house now! (Maybe when noone's around or in my room 😛)

Before we round up the discussion for tonight, do you @Renegade  @paintingallday have any tips for those of us who are practicing physical distancing and are spending more time at home, and/or have limited means to access equipment (such as paint brushes etc) to engage in this process. 

What are some of the ways we can be creative at home?

Its hard to get organised

To allow more dance into your life, I suggest having music playing around you more often and allowing yourself the impulse to move to it whenever there’s the chance.

It could be for just a moment by yourself while your cooking, or you may want to play hours of music and just rock out.

You may also want to experiment along with kids that are already intuitively connected with their bodies and who will love that you want to dance along with them. Instant cheerleaders right there and you can be as silly as you like!

I might paint mandolas on a wall,

I don't think you need to be too organised @Former-Member Spontanaeity is all part of creativity. Just do with freedom, without worrying about what you produce
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Lifeline Macarthur

Contact Us