Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and getting started

Jjk
Casual Contributor

Hi, I've just joined and looking to connect somehow?

Im 60 living in a small country town, fairly isolated. Love my garden.

Any chance of a chat?

19 REPLIES 19

Re: New member

Hello @Jjk,

Welcome to the Forum! I hope that you find it to be a lovely and supportive community.

I also live regionally and love my garden, we're currently trying to switch to native plants only (apart from the odd succulent here and there, haha). What are your favourite plants?

I am about to log off for today, but I just wanted to welcome you and wish you all the best. I think you'll be made to feel right at home here 😊🌺🍃

rav3n
Peer Support Worker

Hey @Jjk welcome to the forums!! so excited to have you join our community 😊

You've come to the right place to connect - we got a newbie's social circle where you can get to know other members and share more about you: Newbie's Social Club - Come make some friends! - SANE Recovery Community (saneforums.org)

I believe there's a couple garden-lovers in those threads too. I'll tag you in there soon as well. 

Always down for a chat, hope your day's going well 💗

(also a little handy tip - if you want to reply to people, you can tag them using the @ symbol and then typing their username like this @rav3n so that they get notified for your response!)

Jjk
Casual Contributor

Thanks

I'm trying to navigate these pages, my brain struggles with the required effort to understand the information.

that's totally fair @Jjk !! it can be overwhelming hopping into a new forum and figuring out how things work - we've also got our welcome threads here: Welcome and getting started - SANE Recovery Community (saneforums.org)

There's some general tips on how to use this forum over here: Forums how-to: general tips and tricks! - SANE Recovery Community (saneforums.org)

Feel free to reach out at any time if you need some help navigating the pages, the community will be able to help you out 😊

Jjk
Casual Contributor

Thank you 🙏

Hey @Jjk ,

Welcome to the forums! Feel free to introduce yourself here Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂 

It would be great to connect with you 🙂 Glad you have found us.

Jjk
Casual Contributor

Hi all

Thank you for the welcome.

Im still finding my way around here.

Im living in a small rural town in wa.

Struggle big time trying to meet people I align with. Im isolated but keep trying new things/ events in the hope of finding my tribe.

Im into my native garden, love nature, bush walking, sound meditations.

Hope everyone is having a peaceful evening 😊 ️ 

hey @Jjk just letting you know you've posted this in the same thread as earlier - would you like me to move your post into the newbies social circle thread? 😊

(p.s. you can tag me using the @ symbol and typing my username so i get notified of your response - like this @Jjk @rav3n)

Jjk
Casual Contributor

@rav3n

Yes, please move the post.

I tried to find how to post on the welcome new members section but couldn't find where to post 🤔

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Lifeline Macarthur

Contact Us